A tank rolls out at Paine Field
FHC staffers were bringing back the tank from the paint shop. The newly-restored machine spent a few days parked at SunQuest Air Specialties, Inc. getting its markings. The Sherman will be "Boomerang," a member of the 7th Armored Division, 31st Battalion — a tank lost in September of 1944 in the Netherlands.
Most recent Flight Paths posts
- Pilots use a clever trick to keep damaged planes in the air April 30
- 'Kommandogerät:' the complicated box that was revolutionary for flying April 23
- Three inches of glass separated WWII pilots and machine gun fire April 16
- Propellers make an overseas voyage for regular inspection April 2
- Yellow circle on seat kept crew breathing easy March 26
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.