The state Department of Transportation plans to close westbound U.S. 2 between Highway 9 and the trestle overnight Monday. Crews will install framework and brackets on a new overpass at Bickford Avenue. The road will reopen at 5 a.m. Tuesday.
Other lane and ramp closures are planned as part of this work. Westbound drivers on U.S. 2 may detour around the work using Highway 9 and 20th Street SE.
For more information visit the project web page.
The $20 million project is expected to be done next fall.
More closures for rock blasting on Highway 522 near the Snohomish River are scheduled for 10:15 to 11:15 a.m. each Tuesday and Thursday through February. Drivers may use Highway 9 to detour around the closures.
The work is part of a $129 million project to widen the highway from Monroe to the river, including a new bridge. The project is scheduled for completion in late 2014.
For more information visit the project page.
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- Some changes, more waiting for new I-405 bottleneck Nov. 23
- Signal timing on 88th Street NE near I-5 remains sore spot Nov. 23
- Seasonal closure begins on Highway 20 Nov. 17
- Mann Road to close for Burlington Northern crossing repairs Nov. 16
- Finishing Highway 522 widening? Add it to the long(shot) list Nov. 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.