Closures for roadwork planned on U.S. 2, Hwy 522
The state Department of Transportation plans to close westbound U.S. 2 between Highway 9 and the trestle overnight Monday. Crews will install framework and brackets on a new overpass at Bickford Avenue. The road will reopen at 5 a.m. Tuesday.
Other lane and ramp closures are planned as part of this work. Westbound drivers on U.S. 2 may detour around the work using Highway 9 and 20th Street SE.
For more information visit the project web page.
The $20 million project is expected to be done next fall.
More closures for rock blasting on Highway 522 near the Snohomish River are scheduled for 10:15 to 11:15 a.m. each Tuesday and Thursday through February. Drivers may use Highway 9 to detour around the closures.
The work is part of a $129 million project to widen the highway from Monroe to the river, including a new bridge. The project is scheduled for completion in late 2014.
For more information visit the project page.
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- Bickford Avenue overpass to be closed Thursday night May 14
- Expect delays on Highway 9 bridge over Snohomish River May 2
- Construction work on 44th Avenue in Lynnwood starts Monday April 30
- Lane closure to affect Lynnwood-area street April 30
- Lane closures planned on 113th Drive in Lake Stevens April 29
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.