The state Department of Transportation plans to close westbound U.S. 2 between Highway 9 and the trestle overnight Monday. Crews will install framework and brackets on a new overpass at Bickford Avenue. The road will reopen at 5 a.m. Tuesday.
Other lane and ramp closures are planned as part of this work. Westbound drivers on U.S. 2 may detour around the work using Highway 9 and 20th Street SE.
For more information visit the project web page.
The $20 million project is expected to be done next fall.
More closures for rock blasting on Highway 522 near the Snohomish River are scheduled for 10:15 to 11:15 a.m. each Tuesday and Thursday through February. Drivers may use Highway 9 to detour around the closures.
The work is part of a $129 million project to widen the highway from Monroe to the river, including a new bridge. The project is scheduled for completion in late 2014.
For more information visit the project page.
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- Grants available for projects that promote walking Sep. 29
- First weekday of I-405 tolls: Great in toll lanes, a nightmare elsewhere Sep. 28
- Everett Station closes off electrical outlets Sep. 23
- Before I-405 tolling begins, double line rules are in effect Sep. 22
- A procrastinatorís guide to getting Good To Go Sep. 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.