Nine people were treated at a hospital for respiratory distress after breathing the fumes on Jan. 24 at Skyview High School.
The Columbian reports that the 14-year-old mixed bleach and ammonia in a container at home and brought it to school. The Clark County sheriff's office says he asked two students to inhale the mix. One of them pushed the container away, causing it to spill on a third student. Others were exposed to the fumes.
Deputy Prosecutor Rick Olson says it was supposed to be a joke.
The boy pleaded guilty Friday to third-degree assault and reckless endangerment. He got another seven days in detention after pleading guilty to selling marijuana in a separate case. He must complete 64 hours of community service.
More Northwest Headlines
Stanwood man pleads guilty to stealing from Swinomish tribe GOP lawmakers want Washington to look at Planned Parenthood Poll: Just 30 percent inclined to re-elect Gov. Inslee Death penalty dropped from Carnation killings trial Salvation Army sets up charging ports for Portland homeless Spokane criminal faces 30th felony charge Police: Couple charged in Seattle dog fighting operation Activists rappel off Oregon bridge to stop Shell icebreaker
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.