Semifinals: Wednesday, TBD at higher seed
Championship: Saturday, 4 p.m. at Mountlake Terrace H.S.
Advancing: Top three advance to tri-district tournament, which begins Feb. 13.
Big storylines: The two favorites in this tournament -- the top two 1A teams from their respective leagues -- King's (12-7) and Lynden Christian (16-3) have already met once this season. Back in late November, the Lyncs jumped out to a quick start and weathered a Lady Knights run late to win 49-46. Both teams then turned to tough conference schedules and survived to earn the top seeds. Lynden Christian barely beat Blaine (14-5), a 38-36 victory in mid-December, which turned out to be the difference.
Favorite: Lynden Christian. Win over King's in late November gives them the edge.
Dark horse: Blaine. The Borderites and King's could face off in semifinals.
Key players: Savanna Hanson (King's), Taylor V'Dovec (Blaine), Karley De Jager (LC), Courtney Hollander (LC), Mandy Hayes (Blaine), Alexis McElwain (Blaine), Mia Hayek, (King's), Mariah Perry (NV).
Picks: 1. Lynden Christian, 2. Blaine, 3. King's.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- All-State cross country race set for July 11 July 3
- Snohomish and Archbishop Murphy highlight All-State boys soccer teams July 3
- First-annual Snohomish Summer Smash tennis tournament starts July 24 July 3
- Glacier Peak's Pettit takes over Twitter from East-West football game June 30
- Dmochowsky, Oxnevad, Davenport among several local players on WSBCA all-state baseball team June 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.