The Herald of Everett, Washington
Customer service  |  Subscribe   |   Log in or sign up   |   Advertising information   |   Contact us
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up  Green editions icon Green editions

5 people displaced by Edmonds apartment blaze

SHARE: facebook Twitter icon Linkedin icon Google+ icon Email icon |  PRINTER-FRIENDLY  |  COMMENTS
Herald staff
EDMONDS -- A fire at an Edmonds-area apartment complex Tuesday displaced five people from two apartments.
The fire was reported about 6:30 a.m. at the Firdale Village apartments in the 9300 block of 244th Street SW, said Leslie Hynes, spokeswoman for Snohomish County Fire District 1.
A neighbor called 911 to report smoke coming from a second-floor apartment, Hynes said. No one was home in that apartment.
Everyone got out of the complex safely, she said.
Investigators believe the fire started accidentally in the apartment's laundry room.
Damage was estimated at $65,000.
The American Red Cross was assisting those displaced.
Story tags » EdmondsFirefightingFire

More Local News Headlines


HeraldNet Headlines

Top stories and breaking news updates


Share your comments: Log in using your HeraldNet account or your Facebook, Twitter or Disqus profile. Comments that violate the rules are subject to removal. Please see our terms of use. Please note that you must verify your email address for your comments to appear.

You are logged in using your HeraldNet ID. Click here to update your profile. | Log out.

Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.

comments powered by Disqus