The Herald of Everett, Washington
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up | Manage  Green editions icon Green editions

Calendar


HeraldNet Headlines
HeraldNet Newsletter Delivered to your inbox each week.
Published: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 12:01 a.m.

5 people displaced by Edmonds apartment blaze

EDMONDS -- A fire at an Edmonds-area apartment complex Tuesday displaced five people from two apartments.
The fire was reported about 6:30 a.m. at the Firdale Village apartments in the 9300 block of 244th Street SW, said Leslie Hynes, spokeswoman for Snohomish County Fire District 1.
A neighbor called 911 to report smoke coming from a second-floor apartment, Hynes said. No one was home in that apartment.
Everyone got out of the complex safely, she said.
Investigators believe the fire started accidentally in the apartment's laundry room.
Damage was estimated at $65,000.
The American Red Cross was assisting those displaced.
Story tags » EdmondsFirefightingFire

Share your comments: Log in using your HeraldNet account or your Facebook, Twitter or Disqus profile. Comments that violate the rules are subject to removal. Please see our terms of use. Please note that you must verify your email address for your comments to appear.

You are logged in using your HeraldNet ID. Click here to update your profile. | Log out.

Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.

comments powered by Disqus
digital subscription promo

Subscribe now

Unlimited digital access starting at 99 cents, or included with any print subscription.

loading...