The fire was reported at 2:25 a.m. at Rosewood Courte Memory Care at 728 Edmonds Way. The facility provides 24-hour care to people with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of memory loss, said Leslie Hynes, spokeswoman for Snohomish County Fire District 1.
The fire apparently started in a large commercial dryer, and sent smoke into some parts of the building. All 34 residents were taken to another part of the building away from the smoke, Hynes said.
Fire protection sprinklers kept the flames from spreading, she said.
Damage was estimated at $85,000.
View Fire, 02-09-2013 in a larger map
More Local News Headlines
When he saw his neighbor’s home on fire, Kaiden, 17, didn’t hesitate Edmonds hires firm to tackle downtown traffic snarl Family holds vigil for man who died in Island County Jail Front Porch: Fire districts open houses 2 arrested in fatal shooting of teen near Lynnwood Judge says molestation trial of former police sergeant can proceed Copper-wire theft knocks out power near Cathcart Police in Mountlake Terrace seek stabbing suspect
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.