No injuries after clothes dryer fire at Edmonds care center
The fire was reported at 2:25 a.m. at Rosewood Courte Memory Care at 728 Edmonds Way. The facility provides 24-hour care to people with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of memory loss, said Leslie Hynes, spokeswoman for Snohomish County Fire District 1.
The fire apparently started in a large commercial dryer, and sent smoke into some parts of the building. All 34 residents were taken to another part of the building away from the smoke, Hynes said.
Fire protection sprinklers kept the flames from spreading, she said.
Damage was estimated at $85,000.
View Fire, 02-09-2013 in a larger map
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.