The fire was reported at 2:25 a.m. at Rosewood Courte Memory Care at 728 Edmonds Way. The facility provides 24-hour care to people with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of memory loss, said Leslie Hynes, spokeswoman for Snohomish County Fire District 1.
The fire apparently started in a large commercial dryer, and sent smoke into some parts of the building. All 34 residents were taken to another part of the building away from the smoke, Hynes said.
Fire protection sprinklers kept the flames from spreading, she said.
Damage was estimated at $85,000.
View Fire, 02-09-2013 in a larger map
More Local News Headlines
More problems noted at airport Check fraud ringleader suspect caught TEDx talks bring out some of regionís brightest minds Basking in the moment Front Porch: Snohomish County executive forum Dream shared on social-media prompts EvCC to boost security Arlington thrift shop gives special-needs kids real-world skills Former county ombudsman John Koster files $950K claim
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.