The fire was reported at 2:25 a.m. at Rosewood Courte Memory Care at 728 Edmonds Way. The facility provides 24-hour care to people with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of memory loss, said Leslie Hynes, spokeswoman for Snohomish County Fire District 1.
The fire apparently started in a large commercial dryer, and sent smoke into some parts of the building. All 34 residents were taken to another part of the building away from the smoke, Hynes said.
Fire protection sprinklers kept the flames from spreading, she said.
Damage was estimated at $85,000.
View Fire, 02-09-2013 in a larger map
More Local News Headlines
Shoplifting suspects in Monroe return for milk, get busted Index Town Council candidate losing one race, winning another as a write-in Council OKs county budget; tax collection for courthouse to continue Herald reporter awarded for ‘compelling’ mental health story Students, Rotary bring Thanksgiving meals to Everett’s needy Front Porch: Free Navy Band concert Hollywood swoops in to pay ‘Barefoot Bandit’ restitution Regional water supply back to normal, utilities say
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.