The 1B schools have moved from their district tournament to the tri-district tournament while the 2B schools begin their bi-district tournament tonight and Wednesday.
Here's a look at some local small schools and their matchups this week:
The Darrington girls have had a great season. Winners of the Northwest 1A/2B/1B League, the Loggers got a bye in the first round of the bi-district tournament and host the winner of tonight's Crosspoint Academy-Auburn Adventist game on Thursday at 7 p.m. in a winner-to-regionals game. Auburn Adventist beat Crosspoint Academy 52-39 on Jan. 29 so it is the obvious favorite to advance. Comparing common opponents, AA lost by four points to a Seattle Lutheran team that Darrington beat by 10.
Cedar Park Christian-Mountlake Terrace and Tulalip Heritage are both in the 1B Tri-District quarterfinals. The Lions host Shorewood Christian tonight a 7 p.m. while the Hawks go on the road to play Christian Faith at Mount Rainier Lutheran tonight at 7 p.m. Both games are winner-to-regional contest.
The Tulalip Herigate girls are the No. 1 seed in the 1B Tri-District quarterfinals and host Evergreen Lutheran tonight. If the Hawks win they secure a spot at regionals and advance to the semifinals to face the winner of the Muckleshoot Tribal School-Neah Bay game at Mount Vernon Christian on Thursday.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- All-State cross country race set for July 11 July 3
- Snohomish and Archbishop Murphy highlight All-State boys soccer teams July 3
- First-annual Snohomish Summer Smash tennis tournament starts July 24 July 3
- Glacier Peak's Pettit takes over Twitter from East-West football game June 30
- Dmochowsky, Oxnevad, Davenport among several local players on WSBCA all-state baseball team June 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.