The crash happened about 3:45 p.m., said trooper Mark Francis with the Washington State Patrol.
A Snohomish woman, 23, was driving a Saab station wagon. She was attempting a lane change and somehow lost control, Francis said. The car struck a barrier and then spun around, facing the wrong direction.
The Sultan man was in the front seat. He was taken to a local hospital with a possible concussion and other injuries. He is expected to survive.
The driver was uninjured, as was a toddler who was riding in the backseat. The toddler was in a booster seat, Francis said.
Troopers are investigating.
Traffic was jammed for about an hour.
Most recent Sirens posts
- Fugitive Watch Sep. 18, 2015
- Fugitive Watch Sep. 11, 2015
- Fatal car crash near Snohomish ruled an accident Sep. 9, 2015
- Fleeing robbery suspect disrupts I-5 traffic near Lynnwood Sep. 9, 2015
- Mountain Loop crash kills motorcyclist, 39 Sep. 8, 2015
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.