Inslee set to name transportation chief as House Democrats reveal funding package
Inslee will make his choice public by the afternoon, according to those with knowledge of the decision.
He had not scheduled a news conference as of this evening. He could announce his decision with a news release as he has with other recent cabinet appointments.
An Inslee spokeswoman would not confirm or deny the governor's plans.
Paula Hammond, who has served as transportation secretary since 2007, declined to comment on the reports.
Meanwhile, the chairwoman of the House Transportation Committee intends to roll out a multi-billion dollar transportation funding package Wednesday.
Rep. Judy Clibborn, D-Mercer Island, will hold a news conference at 12:15 p.m. to share details of a proposal she's been constructing for month.
Reps. Marko Liias of Edmonds and Luis Moscoso of Mountlake Terrace are among the Democratic lawmakers that will join her, according to a press release.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- BNSF reports more oil trains traveling through Snohomish County July 7
- Retailers in Smokey Point, Camano Island snag pot store licenses July 7
- Eyman fails to qualify measure for fall ballot July 3
- Snohomish County GOP tardy on filing campaign reports July 2
- New study: Teacher work day not all about teaching July 1
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.