The Herald of Everett, Washington
Customer service  |  Subscribe   |   Log in or sign up   |   Advertising information   |   Contact us
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up  Green editions icon Green editions

Transformer explodes at Sehome High School

SHARE: facebook Twitter icon Linkedin icon Google+ icon Email icon |  PRINTER-FRIENDLY  |  COMMENTS
Associated Press
BELLINGHAM -- There's no school today at Sehome High School in Bellingham while electrical crews repair a transformer that exploded just before midnight Monday, starting a fire in the boiler room.
The Bellingham Herald reported that a custodian was on duty and heard crackling sounds and a loud boom when the lights went out.
Firefighters quickly extinguished the electrical fire. Puget Sound Energy and the school district expect that electricity will be restored to the building by Tuesday afternoon.
Story tags » Education & SchoolsDisasters (general)Bellingham

More Northwest Headlines


HeraldNet Headlines

Top stories and breaking news updates


Share your comments: Log in using your HeraldNet account or your Facebook, Twitter or Disqus profile. Comments that violate the rules are subject to removal. Please see our terms of use. Please note that you must verify your email address for your comments to appear.

You are logged in using your HeraldNet ID. Click here to update your profile. | Log out.

Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.

comments powered by Disqus