Few clues in 1990 Terrace homicide
It didn't pan out.
Tia Hicks was killed in the south county city in 1990. She was 20. Her death remains unsolved.
The Seattle P.I. wrote a lengthy series involving the case in 2003. You can find that coverage and photos here.
Last week, The Oregonian published a story about a convicted murderer in Portland-area cases who's getting out soon.
The man, Scott William Cox, once was someone whose name came up in the Hicks case, the newspaper reported. The case predates The Herald's online archives so we can't direct you to our coverage from back in the day.
Police around the region have been comparing notes in cold cases in case something connects to Cox, Mountlake Terrace police Cmdr. Don Duncan said last week.
"We don't have much evidence in that case," he said. "At this time we have found nothing to connect this person to our cold case homicide here."
The Hicks case is the city's only known unsolved killing, Duncan said.
Most recent Sirens posts
- New fire chief hired for North County Nov. 19
- Everett firefighter arrested in sex-crimes investigation Nov. 19
- 3 people, dog escape from fire that destroyed house near Snohomish Nov. 19
- Unattended stove blamed in Edmonds house fire Nov. 18
- Granite Falls police chief remains on leave after crash Nov. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.