- BIKES rides: Various starting locations; Membership and ride info at www.bikesclub.org.
- Everett Mountaineers: Meetings at 7 p.m. first Wednesday of the month, Snohomish County East Administration Building, 3000 Rockefeller Ave., Everett. www.everettmountaineers.org.
- North Sound Sea Kayaking Association: Club details at www.nsseakayaker.homestead.com; 360-652-5510. Trip details at 360-691-9436. Free meetings, 7 p.m. first Thursdays October through May, Legion Park, 145 Alverson Blvd., Everett, unless otherwise noted.
- Over-the-Hill-Hikers: Various times on Thursdays, Edmonds Senior Center, 220 Railroad Ave.; www.scscedmonds.org. Most trips cost $13 for senior center members and $16 for nonmembers. Call Larry Weimer, 425-513-9374, before signing up for the trip. For all hikes meet and park at United Methodist Church, 828 Caspers St., Edmonds. Each hike is limited to 10 people.
- Pilchuck Audubon Society: Tuesday birding trips, some weekends. More information at www.pilchuckaudubon.org.
- REI Alderwood: Classes include rock climbing for kids and adults, snowshoeing, skiing, snowboarding, avalanche and survival, bicycle maintenance and photography. Information at www.rei.com/stores/35; at Alderwood Mall, 3000 184th St SW, Lynnwood; 425-640-6200.
- Sierra Club, Snohomish Group: Event locations vary; 425-737-0350; www.cascade.sierraclub.org/directory/groups/snohomish.
- Sound Steppers Volkssport Club: 425-397-7301; www.soundsteppers.org. Meets 6:15 p.m. second Thursdays, Crossroad Church, 18527 60th Ave. W., Lynnwood. See www.meetup.com/walkers-574 for details and a future walk schedule.
To submit an item for the Outdoors calendar, email email@example.com.
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.