Obama cabinet options dwindling for Gregoire
It's not looking as likely today.
Obama named a new Secretary of Energy and chief of the Environmental Protection Agency today and Gregoire didn't get either job though she was rumored to be under consideration for both.
Obama still needs to fill a few high-level positions including Secretary of Commerce, which another ex-Washington governor, Gary Locke, held for a time. The president is also in need of a Secretary of Transportation, Secretary of Labor and trade representative.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- A new session begins with old debate and fish consumption Jan. 12
- Seahawks fans snap up special license plates Jan. 7
- Survey finds favor among voters for Inslee tax plans Jan. 6
- New license plates aid college students, cancer screening Jan. 2
- Inslee proposes transportation plan with carbon tax Dec. 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.