It's not looking as likely today.
Obama named a new Secretary of Energy and chief of the Environmental Protection Agency today and Gregoire didn't get either job though she was rumored to be under consideration for both.
Obama still needs to fill a few high-level positions including Secretary of Commerce, which another ex-Washington governor, Gary Locke, held for a time. The president is also in need of a Secretary of Transportation, Secretary of Labor and trade representative.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- Hobbs, McCoy join 'Friendship Mission' to Japan Aug. 26
- Murray backs Iran nuclear agreement Aug. 25
- The issue of ‘failing’ schools slips under the radar Aug. 20
- Inslee offers 'guidance' on carbon emissions cap, desires adoption in a year Aug. 14
- There’s no ignoring the chatter around county executive race Aug. 13
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.