Obama cabinet options dwindling for Gregoire
It's not looking as likely today.
Obama named a new Secretary of Energy and chief of the Environmental Protection Agency today and Gregoire didn't get either job though she was rumored to be under consideration for both.
Obama still needs to fill a few high-level positions including Secretary of Commerce, which another ex-Washington governor, Gary Locke, held for a time. The president is also in need of a Secretary of Transportation, Secretary of Labor and trade representative.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- Reports says training, resources needed to prepare for oil train accidents Oct. 1
- Supreme Court: Lawmakers in contempt; no sanctions for now Sep. 11
- Tribes reject Inslee's water quality plan, will ask EPA to act Sep. 5
- Celis hires strategists behind Brat's defeat of Cantor Sep. 3
- Bloomberg group gives $1 million to gun initiative Aug. 29
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.