The night started with a great performance from Kevin Long and continued with amazing sets from Naomi Wachira, The Cellar Door, Pepper Proud and others. Motopony front man Daniel Blue closed the night out with the crowd right in the palm of his hand as always and Lemolo’s Kendra Cox performed as a singer for the first time ever. She was noticeably nervous but it didn’t matter one bit because once she started singing she had the full support of the audience and sounded fantastic.
The one performer on the bill that I was not familiar with was Courtney Marie Andrews. This young lady, with the help of some friends, stole the show in my opinion. As soon as she started you could see jaws dropping around the room. Expect to hear more about Courtney in the future because it became very clear to me in a matter of seconds that she is a monster talent.
Check this video of her performing Neil Young’s “Helpless” and see exactly what I’m talking about.
Most recent What Radio? posts
- New music video from Smokey Brights Jul. 14, 2015
- New single from Seattle's Bryan John Appleby Jul. 10, 2015
- Don’t miss hot San Francisco band The Stone Foxes at The Cannery July 2 Jun. 26, 2015
- Roundup of the mind-blowing music at this year's Sasquatch! May. 29, 2015
- Is this the best Sasquatch! lineup ever? May. 21, 2015
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.