"It's a thing," as the kids are saying these days.
So far, both the Mukilteo and Snohomish police departments have rolled out black-and-whites in recent months. Other departments have talked about it, too.
The Snohomish County Sheriff's Office also is slowly switching to black-and-whites as older cars get replaced, spokeswoman Shari Ireton said.
Mukilteo has two black-and-white Ford Police Interceptors in service now, officer Cheol Kang said.
The two Utility models will be used as supervisor's cars because they hold more gear, Kang said. Supervisors also tend to log fewer miles than officers on patrol.
Most recent Sirens posts
- Everett police seek gas-siphoning suspect, caught on video Aug. 18
- Edmonds police release video related to weekend shooting Aug. 18
- Tips help rescuers find hiker in Glacier Peak Wilderness Aug. 18
- Everett man struck by car in stable condition Aug. 18
- Edmonds police investigating Saturday shooting; no one hurt Aug. 17
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.