New cop cars in Mukilteo
"It's a thing," as the kids are saying these days.
So far, both the Mukilteo and Snohomish police departments have rolled out black-and-whites in recent months. Other departments have talked about it, too.
The Snohomish County Sheriff's Office also is slowly switching to black-and-whites as older cars get replaced, spokeswoman Shari Ireton said.
Mukilteo has two black-and-white Ford Police Interceptors in service now, officer Cheol Kang said.
The two Utility models will be used as supervisor's cars because they hold more gear, Kang said. Supervisors also tend to log fewer miles than officers on patrol.
Most recent Sirens posts
- Bong used as weapon in robbery, Everett police say Oct. 21
- Officer, suspect injured after gunfire in Marysville, Lake Stevens, Granite Falls Oct. 15
- Quick thinking helps fight Mukilteo fire Oct. 13
- Gunfire linked to gang fight in Lynnwood Oct. 9
- Edmonds man arrested after rifle fired into the air Oct. 8
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.