The order, described as the carrier’s largest consists of 57 of Airbus A320 new engine option family aircraft and 25 of the existing A320 jets. Turkish Airlines also has options for an additional 35 of the new engine option aircraft.
“We are placing our biggest ever order with Airbus,” Faruk Cizmecioglu, chief marketing officer, said in a statement. “At Turkish Airlines our customers expect the best.”
It has been a strong sales week for Airbus, which announced Thursday a deal valued at $11.2 billion from the Lufthansa Group. That order also was mostly for single-aisle aircraft as well as two A380s.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Atlas Air says its buying another Boeing 747-8 freighter as air cargo market grows June 26
- Boeing sells 'Terrible Teen' 787s to Ethiopian Airlines June 17
- Potential new airplanes dominate talk at Paris Air Show June 17
- Lynnwood firms lands Mississippi work at Paris Air Show June 16
- Boeing considers new commercial jetliner June 15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.