The order, described as the carrier’s largest consists of 57 of Airbus A320 new engine option family aircraft and 25 of the existing A320 jets. Turkish Airlines also has options for an additional 35 of the new engine option aircraft.
“We are placing our biggest ever order with Airbus,” Faruk Cizmecioglu, chief marketing officer, said in a statement. “At Turkish Airlines our customers expect the best.”
It has been a strong sales week for Airbus, which announced Thursday a deal valued at $11.2 billion from the Lufthansa Group. That order also was mostly for single-aisle aircraft as well as two A380s.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Boeing forecasts fast growth in Latin America Nov. 16
- Embraer names Lynnwood’s Nova-Tech Engineering as its top supplier in 2015 Nov. 12
- How much is an airplane sale actually worth? Oct. 29
- Boeing and Lockheed might contest Pentagon’s bomber decision Oct. 27
- Boeing KC-46 tanker (finally) gets a foreign order Oct. 26
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.