The order, described as the carrier’s largest consists of 57 of Airbus A320 new engine option family aircraft and 25 of the existing A320 jets. Turkish Airlines also has options for an additional 35 of the new engine option aircraft.
“We are placing our biggest ever order with Airbus,” Faruk Cizmecioglu, chief marketing officer, said in a statement. “At Turkish Airlines our customers expect the best.”
It has been a strong sales week for Airbus, which announced Thursday a deal valued at $11.2 billion from the Lufthansa Group. That order also was mostly for single-aisle aircraft as well as two A380s.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Jenks to succeed Loftis as head of Boeing’s 787 program July 28
- Last Mitsubishi MRJ test plane enters final assembly July 27
- Boeing considers cutting titanium to drop 787 cost July 24
- As Boeing’s 787 gets more reliable, suppliers see drop in spare-part sales July 24
- Boeing adds Japanese suppliers to 777X work July 24
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.