- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 sprigs fresh mint, leaves only
- 2 large basil leaves
- 11/2 ounces Irish whiskey
In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour into a cocktail glass with a couple of ice cubes. Makes 1 serving.
- 1 ounce Bailey's Irish Cream liqueur
- 1 ounce green creme de menthe liqueur
- 1 ounce clear creme de cacao liqueur
- 1/2 cup whole milk
Finely chopped Andes chocolate mint candies, to garnish
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, shake together the Bailey's, creme de menthe, creme de cacao and milk.
Moisten the rim of a double old fashioned glass with the cocktail mixture, then dip the rim in the chopped candies to coat the rim.
Strain the drink into the glass. Makes 1 serving.
- 3 tomatillos, husked and roughly chopped
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 2 sprigs cilantro, plus more to garnish
- 1/2 very ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 1 stalk celery, to serve
In a blender, combine the tomatillos, lime zest and juice, cilantro, avocado, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, vodka and water. Blend until smooth.
Pour into a tall glass with ice, then garnish with celery and cilantro. Makes 1 serving.
More Life Headlines
Living with Children: Mom gets an F for micromanaging teen’s homework Lady Gaga ‘like herself’ on ‘AHS’ Today in History Barbecue tradition: Has N.C. barbecue moved past the pits? Spice is nice in simmer sauces ‘The Wine Bible’ is updated: What’s changed in 14 years? The right red wines to uncork with your BBQ Rapper Pitbull lends celebrity to charter school near Vegas
Our to-do list full of ideas for your weekend
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.