- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 sprigs fresh mint, leaves only
- 2 large basil leaves
- 11/2 ounces Irish whiskey
In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour into a cocktail glass with a couple of ice cubes. Makes 1 serving.
- 1 ounce Bailey's Irish Cream liqueur
- 1 ounce green creme de menthe liqueur
- 1 ounce clear creme de cacao liqueur
- 1/2 cup whole milk
Finely chopped Andes chocolate mint candies, to garnish
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, shake together the Bailey's, creme de menthe, creme de cacao and milk.
Moisten the rim of a double old fashioned glass with the cocktail mixture, then dip the rim in the chopped candies to coat the rim.
Strain the drink into the glass. Makes 1 serving.
- 3 tomatillos, husked and roughly chopped
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 2 sprigs cilantro, plus more to garnish
- 1/2 very ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 1 stalk celery, to serve
In a blender, combine the tomatillos, lime zest and juice, cilantro, avocado, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, vodka and water. Blend until smooth.
Pour into a tall glass with ice, then garnish with celery and cilantro. Makes 1 serving.
More Life Headlines
The Chat with ... Molly Jensen, aka ‘Stone Cold StunHer,’ roller derby queen Today in History Taylor wins, Miley flashes and Kanye rants Today in history Five great bike rides in the boondocks of Europe Around the home there are plenty of fun uses for old doors Tips for taking great back-to-school photos Chips with the flavor of a deli
Our to-do list full of ideas for your weekend
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.