- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 sprigs fresh mint, leaves only
- 2 large basil leaves
- 11/2 ounces Irish whiskey
In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour into a cocktail glass with a couple of ice cubes. Makes 1 serving.
- 1 ounce Bailey's Irish Cream liqueur
- 1 ounce green creme de menthe liqueur
- 1 ounce clear creme de cacao liqueur
- 1/2 cup whole milk
Finely chopped Andes chocolate mint candies, to garnish
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, shake together the Bailey's, creme de menthe, creme de cacao and milk.
Moisten the rim of a double old fashioned glass with the cocktail mixture, then dip the rim in the chopped candies to coat the rim.
Strain the drink into the glass. Makes 1 serving.
- 3 tomatillos, husked and roughly chopped
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 2 sprigs cilantro, plus more to garnish
- 1/2 very ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 1 stalk celery, to serve
In a blender, combine the tomatillos, lime zest and juice, cilantro, avocado, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, vodka and water. Blend until smooth.
Pour into a tall glass with ice, then garnish with celery and cilantro. Makes 1 serving.
More Life Headlines
Salmon for Soldiers pairs boats and vets for a day of fishing Taking care of each other: Helping ill friends, relatives Lake Stevens man is your guide on Amtrak Meloncholy? Slice your way to delight Sunglasses you’ll never be without Eight things you want your soon-to-be college kid to know Capsule reviews of the next week’s video releases, on DVD and Blu-ray The celestial swan of summer
Our to-do list full of ideas for your weekend
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.