Seahawks awarded two compensatory draft picks
The Seahawks added defensive lineman Jason Jones and quarterback Matt Flynn in free agency last year and lost linebacker David Hawthorne, quarterback Charlie Whitehurst, safety Atari Bigby and tight end John Carlson.
The addition of those picks gives Seattle, which traded away its first-round pick and a seventh-rounder to acquire Percy Harvin from the Vikings, 10 picks in next month's draft. Seattle has one pick in rounds No. 2, 3, 4, two fifth-rounders, one sixth-rounder, and with the addition of compensatory picks, four seventh-rounders.
By league rules, compensatory picks cannot be traded.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks injury updates July 27
- Notes and observations from Day 2 of Seahawks training camp July 26
- Notes and injury updates from day 1 of Seahawks training camp July 25
- Carroll disappointed in Lynch's absence as Seahawks open camp July 25
- Seahawks GM John Schneider talks Marshawn Lynch holdout July 25
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.