No one was hurt, Monroe Fire Marshal Mike Fitzgerald said. The smoke apparently was related to a problem in the building's heating system.
It was reported about 1:15 p.m.
Some patients were taken into other areas of the building while firefighters checked everything out, he said.
Firefighters also responded from Snohomish, Sultan and Woodinville.
More Local News Headlines
Bus riders who don’t pay cost the system, taxpayers more than $1 million last year Somers pulling Lovick backers in Snohomish County executive race Gas tax increases by 7 cents in Washington ‘Night Out’ block parties more popular than ever Small brush fire in Monroe burning near homes, power lines Class Reunions Local elections should trump the Donald for our attention this week Water quality rules might be up to feds after Inslee drops rewrite
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.