Crews plan to close all southbound lanes near the Snohomish River Bridge at 8 p.m. Thursday and reopen the highway at 4 a.m. Friday.
Drivers headed to Everett will be detoured to I-5. Drivers hoping to reach Smith and Spencer islands will be able to do so via 34th Avenue NE, which parallels Highway 529 across the flats. The closure applies to southbound traffic only.
Crews plan to take measurements on the 59-year-old drawbridge on the southbound side in preparation for repairs scheduled to begin later this spring. The work will involve replacing large pieces of machinery that raise and lower the bridge drawspan.
For more information, visit the project website.
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- State to wait and see on I-405 toll lanes at difficult Highway 522 merge Oct. 8
- Free right turn exacerbates Mukilteo ferry backups Oct. 7
- A mostly smooth transition to express-lane tolling on I-405 Oct. 6
- Students get ready for Walk to School Day Oct. 5
- 20 mph or not? School zone rules, explained Oct. 5
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.