Opening remarks were made by event coordinator and JHS booster Larry Scholle, Everett School District superintendent Dr. Gary Cohen, JHS principal Terry Cheshire and girls and boys track coaches Steve Till and Eric Hruschka, respectively. According to Hruschka, all thanked the community and school district for the new "dream" facility and remarked on the success of the project and teamwork between the Everett SD and community in creating a great addition for Jackson physical education classes, athletic teams and community users.
The event was also supported by assistant superintendent Dr. Peter Scott, ESD board members Carol Andrews and Pam LeSesne and Mill Creek mayor Mike Todd. In all more than 200 Mill Creek residents and JHS track team members were in attendance for the celebration, according to Hruschka.
Everyone walked a lap before a few fun mile runs and 800 relays were contested for all that wanted to participate.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- All-State cross country race set for July 11 July 3
- Snohomish and Archbishop Murphy highlight All-State boys soccer teams July 3
- First-annual Snohomish Summer Smash tennis tournament starts July 24 July 3
- Glacier Peak's Pettit takes over Twitter from East-West football game June 30
- Dmochowsky, Oxnevad, Davenport among several local players on WSBCA all-state baseball team June 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.