Bircher led the Wildcats to a 35-12 record in two seasons as the head coach, including a state tournament appearance this past season and a pair of Cascade Conference co-championships.
Here's a press release from the school:
AMHS girls head basketball coach Mark Bircher announced his resignation last week to spend more time with his family. Coach Bircher served as head coach for two years. He led the lady Wildcats to two league co-championships. While we miss him already, we certainly understand his decision and we thank Coach Bircher -- and his family -- for his service to our school and the community. We wish him nothing but the best moving forward. AMHS Athletic Director Jerry Zander will begin the search for a new head coach immediately.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- All-State cross country race set for July 11 July 3
- Snohomish and Archbishop Murphy highlight All-State boys soccer teams July 3
- First-annual Snohomish Summer Smash tennis tournament starts July 24 July 3
- Glacier Peak's Pettit takes over Twitter from East-West football game June 30
- Dmochowsky, Oxnevad, Davenport among several local players on WSBCA all-state baseball team June 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.