Wells, a graduate a member of the basketball team at Willamette University, graduated from Edmonds-Woodway High School in 2004 where she was a three-sport athlete in soccer, basketball and track and field.
"We are all very impressed with what Rebekah has to offer the Edmonds-Woodway girls' basketball program," said Edmonds-Woodway High School Athletic Director Angie McGuire in a statement. "We believe Rebekah has the knowledge and motivation to continue the strong basketball tradition at EW, and in addition, we feel she has the ability to positively impact her athletes in their character, leadership and academic development."
Wells replaces former coach Hodges, who coached the Warriors for four years. Hodges went 73-30 and made two state tournament appearances, finishing fifth in 2010.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- All-State cross country race set for July 11 July 3
- Snohomish and Archbishop Murphy highlight All-State boys soccer teams July 3
- First-annual Snohomish Summer Smash tennis tournament starts July 24 July 3
- Glacier Peak's Pettit takes over Twitter from East-West football game June 30
- Dmochowsky, Oxnevad, Davenport among several local players on WSBCA all-state baseball team June 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.