Tom Hoban of Everett was kayaking near his beach house on Mission Beach with a neighbor recently. They got a treat when a pair of gray whales swam under them, and then began feeding nearby. He was lucky enough to get this great video of the whales.
Whales are active in our area right now. If you'd like to read more about them, or find out how to take a chartered trip, read our story here.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Edmonds endurance hiker went off trail to train for record-setting hike Nov. 25
- Stevens Pass purchases snow maker for base area Nov. 24
- Tips to stay safe while playing outside in winter Nov. 20
- Storm damaged many national forest trails and roads Nov. 20
- Mount Baker Ski Area to open on Thursday Nov. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.