Video: Gray whales feed near Mission Beach
Tom Hoban of Everett was kayaking near his beach house on Mission Beach with a neighbor recently. They got a treat when a pair of gray whales swam under them, and then began feeding nearby. He was lucky enough to get this great video of the whales.
Whales are active in our area right now. If you'd like to read more about them, or find out how to take a chartered trip, read our story here.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Basic climbing intro for kids; avalanche class for adults Nov. 17
- See the film DamNation; learn about changes at Mount St. Helens Nov. 14
- Learn to cross-country ski or snowshoe this winter Nov. 14
- Hear photographer Paul Bannick speak about value of woodpeckers Nov. 12
- Learn about moss and lichen at two upcoming events Nov. 12
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.