Tom Hoban of Everett was kayaking near his beach house on Mission Beach with a neighbor recently. They got a treat when a pair of gray whales swam under them, and then began feeding nearby. He was lucky enough to get this great video of the whales.
Whales are active in our area right now. If you'd like to read more about them, or find out how to take a chartered trip, read our story here.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- 6 places to see 'extravagantly beautiful' flowers at Mount Rainier July 1
- How to find a campsite for Fourth of July weekend June 30
- Volunteers needed in Henry M. Jackson, Wild Sky and Alpine Lakes wildernesses June 26
- What a smoke-jumper sees when leaping from a plane June 25
- Volunteers needed this weekend at fire lookout near Darrington June 25
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.