Perhaps the freshest topic covered by the article's author, Tim Newcomb, are plans for scheduled air service at Paine Field:
One development that could play a significant role in helping draw new business is the potential emergence of Paine Field in Everett as a regional airport. Alaska Air has asked for permission to schedule regular flights from Paine Field to Maui, Honolulu, Portland and Las Vegas starting next year. If the county builds a terminal at Paine Field and those flights begin, other airlines are likely to follow.
Local executives say Paine Field could be a significant boost to the region. "I recall one day when a CEO and his relocation team were scheduled to meet me at a building in Everett," recalls Tom Hoban, CEO of the Coast Group of Companies, an Everett-based commercial real estate sales, leasing, management and investment firm. "They flew into Sea-Tac and it took them three hours to get here in midday traffic." Having a more convenient airport, says Hoban, would make Snohomish County a far more desirable place in which to operate a business.
Most recent Bizblog posts
- Briefs: Snohomish financial adviser collects toys for drive Nov. 19
- Briefs: Stanwood chiropractor honored with Special Service Award Nov. 18
- Briefs: Dwayne Lane's Arlington Chevrolet donates $10,500 to fight cancer Nov. 17
- Briefs: Charming Charlie opens at Alderwood mall Nov. 16
- Briefs: GROW Washington to hold workshops on Entrepreneurship Week Nov. 13
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.