Body found after fall from window, death is suspicious
A woman's body was found after she fell four stories from a window, Lynnwood police spokeswoman Shannon Sessions said. The woman was 43, from Brier. Her name was not released.
The woman had "significant signs of trauma," but there were no obvious injuries other than from the fall, Sessions said.
"The nature of why or how she went out the window is still under investigation," Sessions said.
The body was found by another guest at the hotel who had gone out for a jog. The death initially was reported as a shooting, but police did not find any evidence indicating shots were fired.
A search warrant was served at the woman's hotel room. The body was transferred to the Snohomish County Medical Examiner's Office.
This post has been updated from an earlier version. No additional details are expected to be released Thursday.
Most recent Sirens posts
- Suspect sought in sexual assault at Edmonds CC May 6
- Kittens found mutilated in Stanwood; police seek information May 4
- Bomb squad dismantles live explosive found in Lynnwood May 4
- Empty school bus stolen from Stanwood-Camano district May 1
- Construction worker survives 30-foot fall at Lynnwood site April 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.