DT Alan Branch signs with Bills
That the Seahawks did not re-sign Branch is hardly a surprise. It wasn't that he didn't play well in his two years as a starter on Seattle's D-line, but when free agency went on and Seattle continued to add linemen while not signing Branch, it became evident that they weren't willing to pay what the veteran tackle was going to command. Instead Seattle has added ends Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett, and while the signing has not yet been announced, the Seahawks have also reportedly reached a deal with former Dolphins tackle Tony McDaniel.
McDaniel could end up starting in Branch's place, or Seattle could hope a young player such as Jaye Howard takes a step forward, and of course the Seahawks could also look to find a starter in the draft.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- UW and Nike unveil new football uniforms April 18
- Sidney Rice returning to Seahawks April 16
- Mariners recall Nick Franklin and James Jones from Tacoma April 16
- Mariners manager Lloyd McClendon on the significance of wearing 42 April 15
- Sidney Rice cleared by doctor, could be a target of Seahawks April 14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.