DT Alan Branch signs with Bills
That the Seahawks did not re-sign Branch is hardly a surprise. It wasn't that he didn't play well in his two years as a starter on Seattle's D-line, but when free agency went on and Seattle continued to add linemen while not signing Branch, it became evident that they weren't willing to pay what the veteran tackle was going to command. Instead Seattle has added ends Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett, and while the signing has not yet been announced, the Seahawks have also reportedly reached a deal with former Dolphins tackle Tony McDaniel.
McDaniel could end up starting in Branch's place, or Seattle could hope a young player such as Jaye Howard takes a step forward, and of course the Seahawks could also look to find a starter in the draft.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Monday Super Bowl week press conference Jan. 26
- Pete Carroll and Seahawks players stick up for their silent (and occasionally crotch-grabbing) running back Jan. 26
- Seahawks players not bothered by Brandon Browner's "try to break it" comment Jan. 26
- Brandon Browner says Patriots should go after Sherman and Thomas injuries Jan. 26
- Quotes from Richard Sherman, Michael Bennett, Russell Wilson, Earl Thomas, Russell Okung and Jermaine Kearse Jan. 25
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.