That the Seahawks did not re-sign Branch is hardly a surprise. It wasn't that he didn't play well in his two years as a starter on Seattle's D-line, but when free agency went on and Seattle continued to add linemen while not signing Branch, it became evident that they weren't willing to pay what the veteran tackle was going to command. Instead Seattle has added ends Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett, and while the signing has not yet been announced, the Seahawks have also reportedly reached a deal with former Dolphins tackle Tony McDaniel.
McDaniel could end up starting in Branch's place, or Seattle could hope a young player such as Jaye Howard takes a step forward, and of course the Seahawks could also look to find a starter in the draft.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.