The chamber has yet to vote on the budget. The state Senate has its own budget proposal, which does not include cuts in ferry service.
Under the House budget, the cuts are expected to save $2.1 million.
The 12:30 a.m. crossing fromClintonand the 1:05 a.m. crossing from Mukilteo, Monday through Friday, would be eliminated. Two-boat service between Coupeville and Port Townsend would be reduced to one boat two weeks earlier in the fall and would be restored two weeks later in the spring.
Some round trips also would be eliminated on the Point Defiance-Tahlequah run in southPuget Sound.
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- How-to deal with collisions in the I-405 toll lanes Oct. 10
- How one man maximized Good To Go for I-405 toll lanes Oct. 9
- State to wait and see on I-405 toll lanes at difficult merge (updated) Oct. 8
- Road near Lake Serene to close for two days Oct. 8
- Free right turn exacerbates Mukilteo ferry backups Oct. 7
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.