Everyone OK in Gold Bar river rescue
Everyone was found safe after a water rescue operation along the Skykomish River in the Boulder Drop area near Gold Bar on Tuesday afternoon.
Rescue crews received reports about 1 p.m. that 10 people were in trouble after two rafts capsized, Snohomish County sheriff's spokeswoman Shari Ireton said. Initial reports were eight people missing in the water.
All of the rafters were found safe. They declined medical aid. They all were experienced and had proper equipment, Ireton said.
View River rescue, 4-9-13 in a larger map
Most recent Sirens posts
- Two Lynnwood boys fired on with pellet gun; 1 injured Oct. 23
- Casino Road fire death not suspicious, police say Oct. 23
- Minor flooding for Stillaguamish possible this week Oct. 21
- Lake Stevens man hit by patrol car remains hospitalized Oct. 21
- Bong used as weapon in robbery, Everett police say Oct. 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.