Everyone was found safe after a water rescue operation along the Skykomish River in the Boulder Drop area near Gold Bar on Tuesday afternoon.
Rescue crews received reports about 1 p.m. that 10 people were in trouble after two rafts capsized, Snohomish County sheriff's spokeswoman Shari Ireton said. Initial reports were eight people missing in the water.
All of the rafters were found safe. They declined medical aid. They all were experienced and had proper equipment, Ireton said.
View River rescue, 4-9-13 in a larger map
Most recent Sirens posts
- Marysville bicyclist dies of injuries from collision with car June 30
- Three shot after argument in fast-food parking lot in Everett June 29
- Kenmore man drowns in Snohomish River June 29
- Delayed emergency dispatch software to go live in October June 26
- Marysville man, 78, killed in Arlington crash June 26
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.