The Herald of Everett, Washington
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up | Manage  Green editions icon Green editions

Calendar

Splash! Summer guide

HeraldNet Headlines
HeraldNet Newsletter Delivered to your inbox each week.
Published: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 6:35 p.m.

Fire causes $90,000 in damage to Edmonds home

EDMONDS -- No one was injured in a fire that caused more than $90,000 in damage to an Edmonds home Wednesday afternoon.
Dispatchers received multiple 911 calls around 1:50 p.m. reporting smoke and flames coming from a two-story house at the end of a long driveway in the 8700 block of 236th Street SW.
"Flames were visible in a window above the garage and smoke was coming from the roof when firefighters arrived," Snohomish County Fire District 1 spokeswoman Leslie Hynes said.
Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire and kept the flames contained to two rooms on the upper level of the home.
Fire and heavy smoke damage on the second floor left the house uninhabitable, Hynes said.
The Snohomish County Chapter of the American Red Cross is assisting the homeowner, a man in his 60s. He does not have insurance.
Fire investigators determined the fire was started accidentally by misplaced smoking materials in a room above the garage.

View Fire, 4-10-13 in a larger map
Story tags » EdmondsFire

Share your comments: Log in using your HeraldNet account or your Facebook, Twitter or Disqus profile. Comments that violate the rules are subject to removal. Please see our terms of use. Please note that you must verify your email address for your comments to appear.

You are logged in using your HeraldNet ID. Click here to update your profile. | Log out.

Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.

comments powered by Disqus
digital subscription promo

Subscribe now

Unlimited digital access starting at 99 cents, or included with any print subscription.

HeraldNet highlights

Bad behavior
Bad behavior: Start of crab season brings out the worst in some
Longer, farther
Longer, farther: Air New Zealand gets first stretched 787
From seed to store
From seed to store: Photo essay: Follow marijuana from the grower to the seller
Summer spirits
Summer spirits: Four refreshing drinks for hot days, suggested by local experts