The Pocket Ranger app is free and is available for Apple and Android devices. It includes information on more than 100 state parks, historic sites and campgrounds. The app includes maps, directions and information on amenities. You can search parks by location or activity.
You can save the GPS maps before you head out; cell reception can be spotty in many state parks.
- Educational information, amenities, maps and directions
- Calendar of events
- News, advisories and weather alerts
- Social networking and photo sharing
- GPS mapping features
- Record trail distance and time elapsed on hikes
- Recall, post or share saved data
- Friend finder
- Built-in compass
Most recent Explore NW posts
- How to help rescuers see you if you're lost at night Oct. 5
- Mount Dickerman and six other trails to hike right now Oct. 4
- For Bothell backpacker, Pacific Crest Trail is a multi-year adventure Sep. 28
- 9 days of wilderness and backpacking on the PCT Sep. 27
- Trip on the PCT is life changing for creator of popular podcast Sep. 27
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.