The Pocket Ranger app is free and is available for Apple and Android devices. It includes information on more than 100 state parks, historic sites and campgrounds. The app includes maps, directions and information on amenities. You can search parks by location or activity.
You can save the GPS maps before you head out; cell reception can be spotty in many state parks.
- Educational information, amenities, maps and directions
- Calendar of events
- News, advisories and weather alerts
- Social networking and photo sharing
- GPS mapping features
- Record trail distance and time elapsed on hikes
- Recall, post or share saved data
- Friend finder
- Built-in compass
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Gala raises money to help youth get outdoors Aug. 31
- How — and why — backcountry skiers find snow all year Aug. 30
- 3-hour course helps you take better nature photos Aug. 29
- Celebrate end of the summer climbing season at Mount Rainier Aug. 28
- Boardman Lake is a short, easy trail to pretty mountain lake Aug. 27
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.